- 140 one- and two-bedroom apartments.
- 4 and one-third stories.
- About 5,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Between one and two parking spaces per bedroom.
- No parking visible from the street.
- No plans yet for the properties across 7th Street.
My initial thoughts on the proposal was that it's a good start. The drawings looked handsome, and I like hidden parking. But 5,000 square feet of retail seems kind of small. I know the deed restrictions on most of the property require residential use, but I wonder if there isn't a way to get a little more retail at street level. Also, the size of the thing dwarfs the homes that border it, including the house at the corner of Clement and 7th and the houses on Clement and 8th streets. That's really huge for the people that live there. And 140 apartments? That seems like a lot.
What do you think?