Saturday, October 13, 2007

OMG! Target! OMG!


Mysterious red balls in a parking garage on the edge of our 'hood? Could it be? It is! Target is open! I can confirm because my family's pocketbook is nearly $200 lighter today after being taken in by the shiny merchandise and the friendly employees at the store above the Home Depot, which doesn't appear to be ready for customers yet. I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this type of retail within walking distance. Who among us will be the first to get on a first-name basis with the clerks?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Midtown development is much needed in this part of Charlotte, and is in a good location in terms of not devaluing our historic neighborhoods. But it doesn't bode well for the near term viability of the Eliz Ave development in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I have been twice since last week and asked a clerk today when is it most busy (and to avoid it!) and she said, lunch time is crazy busy-professionals from uptown getting their shopping done on their lunch breaks.

As for the other comment--I'd say, Grubb can't get it together--Midtown has now attracted Trader Joes and Elizabeth Ave is still without Whole Foods, Fresh Market or any other solution...

Anonymous said...

I think the Eliz Ave project will need to reinvent itself now. The Met has a specialty grocer lined up and will have its pick of other retailers becuase of the Target and Home Depot. Grubb put his eggs in the South Park market and that development looks likes it's floundering to me.